Thursday 2 January 2014

Resolutions 2014


  1. Read: I have acquired an inordinate amount of books that I have not read. They have been taking up space on my bookshelves for years and it's time I read them. By the end of this year I plan to have read every book that I own.
  2. Blog: I want to blog regularly and frequently throughout 2014. The plan is to blog every Wednesday from now until June when I will reassess my goals.
  3. Study: I want to improve my grades this year. In August I decided I was going to do my absolute best in every subject. I now realise how ridiculous an idea that was. Firstly, how can anyone know what there best is? I'm not sure that's something I am actually capable of discovering. So my new aim is to study with the belief that I'll get a A in everything. As of now I'm confident that that is something I can achieve. I may prove myself wrong but that's the whole purpose of this exercise. By May I intend to get 7 A s in my summer exam.
  4. Be Tidier: Every Saturday I'm going to hoover my room. In order to hoover you need to clean up the floor so that will help motivate me. Yep.
  5. Be more organised: Have every moment of my life timetabled and follow it. I got a smart phone for Christmas (Sony Xperia) and I have a planner app. So now I can be on my phone and actually feel like I'm being productive. I have a timetable made out for every day of the week to help me stay focused and prioritise my tasks.
Additional Resolutions:

  1. Wear more colour: I normally wear a lot of black because I'm too lazy to bother thinking about what colours work well together. Wearing bright colours make me feel more vibrant and puts me in a better mood, when they coordinate of course. Obviously I don't have much choice over the my school uniform but I can still wear nail varnish. And that's what I plan to do. Wear nail varnish every day. That'll brighten my life up foo shoo.
  2. Poetry: I've discovered a new and beautiful love of poetry this year. I have always really like how poets make the words flow with such rhythm but I learned more about it this year. Specifically spoken word poetry which my friends introduced me to a couple of months ago. I want to read, write and listen to more poetry this year. Lots more.
  3. Play piano: Were going to try this again this year.
  4. Learn ukulele: Ditto.
DON'T GIVE UP JUST WORK HARDER!!!
happy new year y'all.

3 comments:

  1. GO KATE I AM YOUR GOAL CHEERLEADER WHOOOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sweep and hoover my whole house on Saturday mornings in usually about 90 minutes. This is done to BBC's "The News Quiz" or "The Now Show" and whatever was on on Monday night's comedy podcasts. Also, because I'm in Australia, I listen to "The Political Wrap" and "The Law Report" on ABC Radio National.

    The point is that hoovering in and of itself is dull. Interminably dull. People think that Socrates died of drinking hemlock but NO, recent evidence suggests that he died through boredom from hoovering.
    Put your brain somewhere else whilst hoovering, for it is a task from the Devil's own armpit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the advice and the image of the devil's armpit plastered to my brain :)

    ReplyDelete