Saturday 3 August 2013

BEDA 2013: August 1st

Myself and my friend, Danielle have decided to do Blog Every Day in August this year. This is the first time I’ve ever done anything of this sort and when Danielle suggested it to me I agreed without really thinking about it. Mainly because I’ve been so unmotivated this summer and although I had all these plans, I haven’t followed through with any of them. Motivating  myself is probably my biggest failure in life. Which is a massive problem because without motivation we would literally do nothing.

I love blogging, I love writing, I love learning but I lack the motivation to make myself go and do these things. I’m starting to think I’m not bothered doing any of these things because I don’t have any end goal. I have nothing to work up to, nothing I’m trying to achieve. I have no plan and no idea what I want to do with my life. So basically I have no reason for ever doing anything. Hence my lack of motivation. But I’m working on it okay? I’m working on my plan and on my ability to motivate but until then I rely on structure. Which is what BEDA will give me. Every day for the month of August I will post a blog. Dedication, my friends. Let’s see how long this will last.

In other news, today I bought The Casual Vacancy for five euro in Khan’s discount bookshop. I’ve heard a lot of very mixed reviews about this book so I’m very interested to read it and make up my own mind.
I’m working with the Kilkenny Arts Festival for a few weeks right now in the lead up to the actual festival. I’m selling tickets in the box office and mainly just being really awkward around customers. It doesn’t help that the phone headset I have to use sounds really scratchy and crap so it’s really difficult for me to understand what people are asking for over the phone. Social interaction was never my fortae.

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment