Saturday 3 August 2013

Failure is something I have achieved - BEDA #2

It was day two of BEDA. Grey clouds covered the sky, threatening to burst open at sudden intervals throughout the day. Little did I know I was about to bring about the collapse of a project I had begun only the day before.

My computer crashed okay? I'm not going to dramatise it or apologise profusely to my all-but-non-existant readers, nor will I dwell on it for the duration of this post. My computer froze and I lost my three-quarters completed work. When I restarted my computer the internet was painfully slow so I turned it off and laughed hysterically at Liar Lair on television instead. Judge all you like.

Hopefully later I will upload the post I had intended for yesterday. Tomorrow I will follow up with my supernatural themed post, staying in time with Danielle. This is basically just bringing you up to date with my life at the moment.

As I previously mentioned, I'm reading A Casual Vacancy by J K Rowling. Contrary to popular belief I think it's a really great entralling novel! I don't want to judge too soon as I'm only 150 pages in but so far I'm really enjoying it. I'm reading three books at the moment which is something I have not done in a long time. The Hound of Baskerville by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, ACV and The Scions of Shannara.

Yesterday I attended a training day for volunteers of the Kilkenny Arts Festival, organised by Discover Ireland. It was a two and a half hour programme aimed to help volunteers and staff to be as helpful as possible to tourists. We practised some role play scenarios and received information about all the tourist attractions in Kilkenny. At the end of the programme we received a certificate of completion and an opportunity to become an Ambassador of Kilkenny. I found it very helpful over all and hopefully I can apply some of the things I learned when I'm working at the festival.

There's a real post coming later I promise. Hope this didn't bore the toe nails off you.

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment